A local client is seeking a .Net Developer for a permanent position.
The .Net Developer will be responsible for assisting with the ongoing maintenance and administration of the client’s document archival solution and its related code base. This will include working with existing code and designing new solutions for future integrations as well as support of the archival system. Work hours are flexible between 7am - 6pm and after training is completed the Developer can chose a day to work from home each week.
- Maintenance of existing code
- New integration design and implementation
- Answering technical queries and assisting users
- User setup and account maintenance
- Troubleshooting and supporting existing integrations
- System performance tuning
- Disaster recovery planning and documentation
- Creating plans for end to end, full system, integration testing
- Creating plans for end to end, full system, UAT
- Creating detailed plan for Go Live including smoke testing
- Designing security model
- Designing backup model for supporting databases
- Assessing and planning future storage requirements (both database and file system)
- Assists in gathering and authoring customer requirements for archival related development projects and contributes to post-project reviews.
- Reviews project specifications to gain understanding of project goals and objectives and to determine an efficient and effective way of programming to complete the project in a timely manner.
- Works with QA on testing the programming changes before implementation.
- Interacts with end-users on solving problems that occur with document related applications including troubleshooting the problem.
- Stays abreast of industry changes with regard to software applications and communicates any suggestions/ideas for the improvement of applications.
- VB .Net or C#, 2+ years
- MS SQL Server or other relational database, 3+ years
- Logical and analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in change management
- Knowledgeable in Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Experience with enterprise level software integration
- iSeries and/or SQL Server backend experience and strong understanding of stored procedures
- Administration of client server applications on Windows, Linux and/or Unix platforms
- Knowledge of insurance industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or computer related field is preferred but not required.
Alltech, Inc. is a leading provider of IT staffing services in Nashville and the surrounding areas. We do contract (Salaried, W-2, 1099 or Corp-to-Corp), contract-to-hire and direct placements within the Information Technology field. Alltech, Inc. offers a full line of company-paid benefits to our salaried and W-2 employees. Our 1099 subcontractors have a full line of benefits available to them through our partnership with Benefit Consultants, Inc.
If you are considering relocation, the Nashville area is nationally respected as a great place to live, work and play. Nashville is proud to be the home of the Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators and Nashville Sounds. Some of Nashville's living advantages include:
-- low cost of living (including NO state income tax)
-- international airport
-- unique, affordable residential areas
-- abundant parks, waterways and recreational areas
-- lively cultural base
-- diverse economic base
-- seasonal climate
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No third party recruiters/agencies.