A local client is seeking a Systems Analyst of Retail Merchandising Systems for a permanent position.
This individual will be responsible for the ongoing support and maintenance of systems between various packages used by the client’s retail divisions. This position requires collaboration with the Retail Divisions and Retail Systems development staff to accurately define, document and test efforts on specific projects. Key success factors include a high-level of technical skill, the desire to continually learn, the ability to collaborate with all levels of associates on the retail team, and the analytical ability and discipline to help maintain the retail systems knowledge base.
* Organize and maintain the retail systems knowledge base for support and process related documentation
* Provide 1st Tier application support to users during daily operations
* Perform user administration tasks on various retail systems, including following SOX related procedures defined for these tasks
* Perform project management duties for efforts self-contained within the Retail Systems team
* Partner with business and technical teams for requirements gathering and documentation during project efforts
* Communicate effectively with product management, project management, and other stakeholders in the preparation of application design specifications and status updates
* Assist in the testing and verification of systems modifications, ensuring business and quality requirements are met
* Conduct training and presentations to users and other stakeholders
* Provide oversight to vendors performing work for the clients retail systems
* Track the status of patches applied to the Jesta Merchandising system, both internally and working with vendor resources
* Provide daily support for any technical issues that impact the Retail Systems (Jesta Merchandising, Aptos Sales Audit, Thomson Reuters Determination, Oracle Relate)
* Minimum of 5 years of experience working interchangeably with technical and business stakeholders
* Minimum of 5 years of data analysis experience using SQL queries with relational databases and/or Access
* Minimum of 5 years of serving in a role with customer facing responsibilities such as presentations, project status reports and requirements gathering
* Solid project management skills and experience working in a structured development cycle
* Expert knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Vision, PowerPoint)
* Prior experience partnering with programming teams producing technical solutions, preferably in a role responsible for managing requirements
* Prior experience working in retail stores and/or warehouse distribution centers
* Experience working with Data Center Operations Teams
On-call responsibilities and travel:
* Occasional off hours support and/or 24/7 responsibilities may be required
* Some travel is possible to middle Tennessee stores and distribution facilities
* A BS in a technical or business related field is preferred
* Background check
Alltech, Inc. is a leading provider of IT staffing services in Nashville and the surrounding areas. We do contract (Salaried, W-2, 1099 or Corp-to-Corp), contract-to-hire and direct placements within the Information Technology field. Alltech, Inc. offers a full line of company-paid benefits to our salaried and W-2 employees. Our 1099 subcontractors have a full line of benefits available to them through our partnership with Benefit Consultants, Inc.
If you are considering relocation, the Nashville area is nationally respected as a great place to live, work and play. Nashville is proud to be the home of the Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators and Nashville Sounds. Some of Nashville's living advantages include:
-- low cost of living (including NO state income tax)
-- international airport
-- unique, affordable residential areas
-- abundant parks, waterways and recreational areas
-- lively cultural base
-- diverse economic base
-- seasonal climate
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
No third party recruiters/agencies.