A local client is seeking a Software QA Manager for a permanent position to oversee test planning, execution, reporting and delivery of multiple technology platforms.
* Manage two QA supervisors and twenty QA Analysts
* Achieve objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees
* Planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
* Prepare and complete action plans, implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards
* Complete audits, determine system improvements, and implement change as needed
* Assist in team development while holding the team accountable for their commitments
* Work with the testing team to create test plans and test software to SDLC guidelines
* Develop, implement and maintain quality practices including methodologies, measurements and reporting
* Lead initiatives to improves testing coverage and team efficiency
* Ensure cost and time effective system test strategies; audit and review test plans, test cases and testing results
* Recommend quality improvement practices and processes based on current and emerging technologies
* Develop product testing strategies and tactics, and drive process improvement and efficiencies.
* Implement automated testing, white box and black box processes/procedures
* Serve as the escalation point for issues beyond the staff’s authority; resolve conflicts involving scheduling, resources, or QA/technical issues
* Assist with forecasting plans and maintaining departmental budgets
* Manage, prioritize, and delegate incoming defects, incidents, and support tickets
* Increase overall usability and quality of software products through implementation and management of quality processes
* Manage, prioritize, and track the status of multiple ongoing projects
* Create and maintain quality metrics for all software releases
* Work collaboratively with other IT manages to ensure a positive departmental environment
* 8 years of QA experience and 2 or more years in a team lead or leadership type role
* Ability to devise test strategy based on business requirements and acceptance criteria
* Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills
* Direct experience managing or leading a Quality Assurance team
* In-depth knowledge in white-box, black-box, and experience based testing with knowledge in test automation, test-driven development, acceptance test-driven development
* A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or a combination of education, certification and relevant experience
Alltech, Inc. is a leading provider of IT staffing services in Nashville and the surrounding areas. We do contract (Salaried, W-2, 1099 or Corp-to-Corp), contract-to-hire and direct placements within the Information Technology field. Alltech, Inc. offers a full line of company-paid benefits to our salaried and W-2 employees. Our 1099 subcontractors have a full line of benefits available to them through our partnership with Benefit Consultants, Inc.
If you are considering relocation, the Nashville area is nationally respected as a great place to live, work and play. Nashville is proud to be the home of the Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators and Nashville Sounds. Some of Nashville's living advantages include: low cost of living, NO state income tax, an international airport, unique, affordable residential areas, abundant parks, waterways and recreational areas, lively cultural base, diverse economic base and a seasonal climate.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No third party recruiters/agencies.