A local client is seeking a Software Engineer for a permanent position.
This individual will work as a part of a small team of developers maintaining and enhancing the clients existing Microsoft Dynamics AX software. Initially, roughly 50% of this individual’s time will be spent working with the AX software and the remaining time working on .NET development. This client is preparing for a major development project where they will be developing and replacing the current ERP software. Once approved, this individual will be part of the development team responsible for this effort. This individual will provide on-call support for the client on a rotating schedule basis. In addition, some travel will be required as needed for new deployments for the client’s remote locations.
* Facilitate the definition of business processes and user requirements and develop functional specifications
* Assess existing AX system capabilities and develop revised processing or reporting solutions
* Develop system enhancements to the AX software
* Recommend new application software solutions if appropriate
* Ensure integration of enhanced or new systems with legacy and other systems
* Develop test plans and procedures; coordinate user testing of new solutions and resolve any issues identified
* Coordinate the implementation of system enhancements or new software solutions
* Develop system documentation
* Provide user support
* Write database queries and scripts; create incremental system enhancements to resolve issues or add functionality
* Assist other IT staff as needed
* 4+ years of software analysis and development
* Experience with Web Application development
* Experience with C# and Asp.net software development
* Experience with Microsoft SSRS and SSIS
* Strong analytical skills
* Prior experience with Financial and ERP system software
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX
* Knowledge of mobile computing and communication solutions
* Experience with SQL Server and SQL Stored Procedures
* A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems is preferred
- 7 year background check including:
- Criminal background
Alltech, Inc. is a leading provider of IT staffing services in Nashville and the surrounding areas. We do contract (Salaried, W-2, 1099 or Corp-to-Corp), contract-to-hire and direct placements within the Information Technology field. Alltech, Inc. offers a full line of company-paid benefits to our salaried and W-2 employees. Our 1099 subcontractors have a full line of benefits available to them through our partnership with Benefit Consultants, Inc.
If you are considering relocation, the Nashville area is nationally respected as a great place to live, work and play. Nashville is proud to be the home of the Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators and Nashville Sounds. Some of Nashville's living advantages include:
-- low cost of living (including NO state income tax)
-- international airport
-- unique, affordable residential areas
-- abundant parks, waterways and recreational areas
-- lively cultural base
-- diverse economic base
-- seasonal climate
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No third party recruiters/agencies.