A local client is looking for a Senior Project Manager for a 6 month contract engagement where the intention would be to convert the individual to a permanent position.
This client has multiple Infrastructure related initiatives that this Project Manager will manage. In addition, this individual will work directly with the Director of IT to provide structure to the department, help train and mentor other less experienced PM’s, and at some point help build a PMO for the client.
* Perform project management related activities for multiple projects such as:
- Implementation and establishment of a new data center for the client
- Corporate SAP implementation
- Implementation of system monitoring applications, hardware and tools
- Additional smaller projects
* Help manage the implementation of an IT governance suite of products
* Portfolio Management, including at some point, assist with establishing or growing a PMO
* Management of the implementation of ITIL processes
* Assist with mentoring 1-2 existing employees regarding project management
* Strong project management skills
* Ability to manage multiple projects and to hold project players accountable for assigned activities
* Experience maintaining project schedules, activities and project portfolios
* Prior experience establishing, or working in a PMO
* Prior Infrastructure related project management experience is strongly preferred
* Experience with ITIL and IT governance projects/activities
* Experience with Jira
* PMP or other project management certifications are preferred
Drug screen and background check (criminal, sexual offender, education and employment verification)
Alltech, Inc. is a leading provider of IT staffing services in Nashville and the surrounding areas. We do contract (Salaried, W-2, 1099 or Corp-to-Corp), contract-to-hire and direct placements within the Information Technology field. Alltech, Inc. offers a full line of company-paid benefits to our Salaried and W-2 employees. 1099 subcontractors have a full line of benefits available to them through our partnership with Benefit Consultants, Inc.
If you are considering relocation, the Nashville area is nationally respected as a great place to live, work and play. Nashville is proud to be the home of the Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators and Nashville Sounds. Some of Nashville's living advantages include:
-- low cost of living (including NO state income tax)
-- international airport
-- unique, affordable residential areas
-- abundant parks, waterways and recreational areas
-- lively cultural base
-- diverse economic base
-- seasonal climate
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
No third party recruiters/agencies.