A local client is seeking a Manager of Agile Delivery with a Scrum Master certification (CSM or PSM) for a permanent position.
The primary duties of this job include establishing, growing, and evangelizing the use of Agile practices in the company where appropriate; supporting and mentoring direct reports; and ensuring excellence in execution and delivery. This will involve a strong commitment to collaboration and servant leadership to foster an atmosphere of exceptional teamwork and buy-in that delivers success for all involved and the organization. It will also require the ability to assess the maturity of the teams and the organization and coach to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the company. Equal and objective representation of all business and technical constituents will be critical to build and maintain a high-level of trust. The ability to communicate the value of Agile, influence others, build support and partnership, while projecting a positive attitude and energy is paramount. This role will be assigned some of the most challenging initiatives in the company and will require advanced agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) experience and relevant technical expertise to be successful, while ensuring an appropriate level of process adherence to drive an overall agile transformation.
* Manages direct reports including hiring, termination, promotion, motivation, performance appraisals, salary reviews, career development and counseling.
* Focus on the principal pillars of planning, process, progress, and impediments.
* Assess each project or operational support opportunity to determine fit / need for agile.
* Establish, document, and evolve agile frameworks and supporting practices.
* Motivate, inspire, mentor and coach direct reports and all team members on agile methods.
* Support the development of team standards, tools, and best practices.
* Communicate process standards and provide on-boarding and training.
* Foster a culture of continuous improvement and drive process improvement.
* Act as an ambassador for the teams and all project stakeholders.
* Support multiple teams at once.
* Host and facilitate needed ceremonies and meetings.
* Align deliveries with stated priorities of product owner’s roadmap and technical dependencies.
* Ensure proper use of ROM and LOE estimation techniques (points or hours).
* Ensure resource capacity planning, velocity measurement, and stability of resources.
* Remove impediments while promoting self-organization.
* Work with teams to resolve all issues, escalate if additional support is needed.
* Protect teams from distractions.
* Provide agile delivery metrics and insights into trends and opportunities for improvement.
* Maintain and communicate progress reporting at various levels.
* Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
* Assist with internal and external communication and improving transparency.
* Ensure teams practice agile principles (innovation, creativity, collaboration, prioritization, accountability, transparency).
* Maintain process documentation.
* Continue education in related disciplines.
* Provide needed inputs to Project Manager for planning, resource, and budget purposes.
* Partner with all project team roles and stakeholders.
* 4+ years of agile / scrum experience
* 8+ years of application development project experience
* Knowledge of project management and agile methodologies/concepts
* Knowledge of SDLC and common technologies / architecture / technical terminology
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Very strong written and verbal communication skills
* Organization and planning skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Conflict resolution skills
* Strong facilitation skills
* Ability to build and sustain collaborative working relationships at all levels
* Proven history of relating to scrum team members and being perceived as a partner
* Flexibility with changing priorities
* Critical thinking skills
* Technical knowledge and aptitude
* Customer service oriented
* College degree or 10 years of IT work experience
REQUIRED LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
* Scrum Master Certification (CSM or PSM)
PREFERRED LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
* Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)
* PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP)
* Project Management Professional (PMP)
PREFERRED TOOL EXPERIENCE
* Atlassian development tools: JIRA, Confluence, Portfolio, etc.
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
* Microsoft Project
Alltech, Inc. is a leading provider of IT staffing services in Nashville and the surrounding areas. We do contract (Salaried, W-2, 1099 or Corp-to-Corp), contract-to-hire and direct placements within the Information Technology field. Alltech, Inc. offers a full line of company-paid benefits to our salaried and W-2 employees. Our 1099 subcontractors have a full line of benefits available to them through our partnership with Benefit Consultants, Inc.
If you are considering relocation, the Nashville area is nationally respected as a great place to live, work and play. Nashville is proud to be the home of the Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators and Nashville Sounds. Some of Nashville's living advantages include:
-- low cost of living (including NO state income tax)
-- international airport
-- unique, affordable residential areas
-- abundant parks, waterways and recreational areas
-- lively cultural base
-- diverse economic base
-- seasonal climate
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No third party recruiters/agencies.