A local client is seeking a Desktop Services Supervisor for a permanent position.
This individual will be responsible for establishing system specifications, design, engineering, implementation, ongoing performance management, and capacity planning of enterprise desktop & laptop system, peripherals and client-side networking. This role is responsible for delivering and promoting outstanding business minded customer service as well as guidance, training, and mentorship to a team of specialists on advanced support techniques for PC applications, hardware, and network connectivity, and efficient use of specialized management software tools.
* Perform people management functions to include, but not limited to: hire, coach, develop, motivate, train, evaluate, reward, discipline, and terminate employees
* Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department
* Lead a team in the installation, deployment, configuration, administration, maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, patching, life-cycle replacement, disposals and performance capacity planning for all client-side desktop and laptop related hardware and software
* Ensure incidents and service requests are handled in accordance with established service level agreements and internal processes
* Be proactive in all aspects of desktop activities and troubleshooting efforts, including defining requirements, recommending and implementing tools, implementing and utilizing automation when appropriate, working with other areas to troubleshoot group policy objectives, and providing expert troubleshooting abilities
* Design and deliver desktop solutions that increase company productivity and decrease risk
* Responsible for asset record database accuracy; provide reports and fixed asset metrics (computers, monitors, printers, docking stations, laptops, tablets, etc.) for life-cycle and budget planning and inventory accountability
* Work with the IT security team to ensure all solutions are fully compliant with all compliance initiatives (including PCI and MAR) and in line with current company information security policies
* Represent the department in change management meetings and assist in reviewing proposed changes for the purpose of minimizing risk to business operations
* Support after-hours on-call requirements, planned maintenance activities, and disaster recovery exercises
* 8+ years experience in IT support, within a corporate office environment
* Experience using the latest business related software and computer operating systems including, but not limited to Microsoft Office, Windows, and other current software packages
* Technical knowledge and understanding of computer hardware and IT terminology and general knowledge of networking and security fundamentals
* Knowledge of tools for troubleshooting and management of desktop systems
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of management and users
* Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment with shifting priorities while keeping stakeholders abreast of progress and expected completion dates
* Understanding of ITIL best practices
* ITIL v.2 Foundation certification
* CompTIA Security+ certification
* A Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Computer Science or Information Systems is preferred
Alltech, Inc. is a leading provider of IT staffing services in Nashville and the surrounding areas. We do contract (Salaried, W-2, 1099 or Corp-to-Corp), contract-to-hire and direct placements within the Information Technology field. Alltech, Inc. offers a full line of company-paid benefits to our salaried and W-2 employees. Our 1099 subcontractors have a full line of benefits available to them through our partnership with Benefit Consultants, Inc.
If you are considering relocation, the Nashville area is nationally respected as a great place to live, work and play. Nashville is proud to be the home of the Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators and Nashville Sounds. Some of Nashville's living advantages include:
-- low cost of living (including NO state income tax)
-- international airport
-- unique, affordable residential areas
-- abundant parks, waterways and recreational areas
-- lively cultural base
-- diverse economic base
-- seasonal climate
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No third party recruiters/agencies.