A local client is seeking a Senior Project Manager for a permanent position.
This individual will coordinate IT and business projects through to completion, including project planning, managing risk and issues, status reporting, and controlling scope and escalation. The Senior Project Manager will manage many different types of projects including software delivery and infrastructure projects which involve both internal resources and external vendor resources. These projects may involve multiple projects managers who will be managed by this Senior Project Manager.
* Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate
* Work with resource managers to ensure that resource needs are defined and the appropriate resources are estimated and assigned to project tasks
* Create project estimated spends during the envisioning phase by working with the various project stakeholders
* If applicable, create and administer the project budget which includes both hours and dollar estimates and track the actual vs. budget results
* Manage all day-to-day operational aspects of a project including; scope, schedule, budget, communications, risk management, and issue management
* Work with the delivery team and testing teams to ensure that any product/project delivered is as bug free as possible
* Conduct project review meetings as necessary that include a meeting agenda, meeting minutes and an action item list with individual assignments and commitment dates
* Conduct end of project follow-up reviews to ensure that project value is realized
* Review vendor contracts and hold vendors accountable for delivery
* Lead the project sponsorship meetings and make presentations as necessary to boards of directors and senior management
* Possess a level of business acumen, professionalism and leadership, ability that builds/earns the trust of associates and particularly senior management
* A combination of 10 years experience with business analysis, project delivery and/or project/portfolio management
* Proven ability to communicate both oral and written information to all levels of an organization
* Proven ability to lead cross functional project teams both IT and business
* Knowledge of Project Management and IT best operating practices and methodologies
* Knowledge of Microsoft Project and Visio
* Working knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle including planning, designing, developing, testing, and releasing custom software applications
* Some knowledge of non-standard automobile insurance systems
* Knowledge of CA Clarity PPM
* A Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field (Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, etc) is required
* Project Management Certification (PMP) is preferred
Alltech, Inc. is a leading provider of IT staffing services in Nashville and the surrounding areas. We do contract (Salaried, W-2, 1099 or Corp-to-Corp), contract-to-hire and direct placements within the Information Technology field. Alltech, Inc. offers a full line of company-paid benefits to our salaried and W-2 employees. Our 1099 subcontractors have a full line of benefits available to them through our partnership with Benefit Consultants, Inc.
If you are considering relocation, the Nashville area is nationally respected as a great place to live, work and play. Nashville is proud to be the home of the Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators and Nashville Sounds. Some of Nashville's living advantages include:
-- low cost of living (including NO state income tax)
-- international airport
-- unique, affordable residential areas
-- abundant parks, waterways and recreational areas
-- lively cultural base
-- diverse economic base
-- seasonal climate
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No third party recruiters/agencies.