A local client is seeking a Senior Level Java Developer for a minimum of a 6 month contract engagement with the potential for extension. It is possible that qualified candidates may be considered for a permanent position in the future. This developer will work as a part of a team performing a complete rewrite of the client’s existing legacy systems. This role will include assisting with design and architecture of the new applications (working with internal architects), development of the software, and mentoring junior and mid-level developers who are part of the team. All systems being developed will be deployed to the AWS Cloud, rather than the internal infrastructure.
* Help analyze existing software applications to understand their functionality
* Participate in the design and architecture of the new software applications/systems
* Work as a part of a team to rewrite these business critical software applications
* Assist with the deployment of the newly developed applications to the AWS Cloud
* Interact with Business Analysts regarding software specifications related to the systems
* Work with the QA team on testing applications prior to implementation
* Interact with end-users to troubleshoot and resolve software issues
* 5+ years of Java development experience in a Spring MVC environment
* Prior experience with Cloud technologies; preferably AWS
* Strong SQL Server skills
* Ability and desire to assist with the design and architecture of new software applications, and skills to help rewrite existing legacy applications
* Exposure to JDBC interfaces
* Prior experience with JSP
* Experience with Spring Boot framework
* Experience with Microservices architecture
* A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or computer related field is preferred
Alltech, Inc. is a leading provider of IT staffing services in Nashville and the surrounding areas. We do contract (Salaried, W-2, 1099 or Corp-to-Corp), contract-to-hire and direct placements within the Information Technology field. Alltech, Inc. offers a full line of company-paid benefits to our salaried and W-2 employees. Our 1099 subcontractors have a full line of benefits available to them through our partnership with Benefit Consultants, Inc.
If you are considering relocation, the Nashville area is nationally respected as a great place to live, work and play. Nashville is proud to be the home of the Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators and Nashville Sounds. Some of Nashville's living advantages include:
-- low cost of living (including NO state income tax)
-- international airport
-- unique, affordable residential areas
-- abundant parks, waterways and recreational areas
-- lively cultural base
-- diverse economic base
-- seasonal climate
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No third party recruiters/agencies.