A local client is seeking a Data Architect for a permanent position. The client is open to doing a contract to hire, and are even willing to consider candidates that want to do a straight 6-8 month contract if they have the desired skills.
This individual will serve as the Data Architect for the client during the complete rewrite of the client’s existing systems. The Data Architect will work with the internal development team to understand the processing to be performed and will help with the structure and design of the client’s databases. In addition, the Architect will work with the development team to determine the most efficient manner in which to access the client’s data. All of the client’s databases will be maintained in the AWS Cloud.
* Define data models and the optimal databases to store and access data
* Work with the client’s databases to ensure scalability and availability
* Create, deploy and maintain various databases; the Data Architect will have significant input
regarding which database technology to use
* Provide data design and guidance on various software initiatives
* Assist with defining the architecture for micro-services data access
* Translate requirements into a supporting data architecture
* Define best practices and standards and recommend best approach to other developers
* Write software and scripts to support the data needs and to manage the database systems
* At some point in the future, assist with the implementation of big data technologies using
Hadoop and/or RedShift
* Strong relational and non-relational database modeling skills
* Hands-on experience in large-scale enterprise environments
* Experience supporting production databases in a Cloud environment; MySQL, MongoDB and others are being considered
* Practical experience with database performance tuning and monitoring
* Software development and scripting knowledge
* Practical experience with micro services and cloud-based data services, preferably AWS
* Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a related field
Alltech, Inc. is a leading provider of IT staffing services in Nashville and the surrounding areas. We do contract (Salaried, W-2, 1099 or Corp-to-Corp), contract-to-hire and direct placements within the Information Technology field. Alltech, Inc. offers a full line of company-paid benefits to our Salaried and W-2 employees. 1099 subcontractors have a full line of benefits available to them through our partnership with Benefit Consultants, Inc.
If you are considering relocation, the Nashville area is nationally respected as a great place to live, work and play. Nashville is proud to be the home of the Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators and Nashville Sounds. Some of Nashville's living advantages include:
-- low cost of living (including NO state income tax)
-- international airport
-- unique, affordable residential areas
-- abundant parks, waterways and recreational areas
-- lively cultural base
-- diverse economic base
-- seasonal climate
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No third party recruiters/agencies.